TASTING ROOM REPRESENTATIVE
Wine Retail & Sommelier)
E. & J. Gallo Winery
San Luis Obispo,
E. & J. Gallo Winery was founded by two entrepreneurs—Ernest and Julio Gallo with a vision to democratize wine in the United States becoming the largest winery in the world. This spirit continues today, where Gallo offers opportunities where we value innovation, collaboration, and creative thinking.
Come be a part of our beautiful Edna Valley Tasting Room! We are currently seeking Tasting Room Representatives at our Edna Valley Winery! Our Tasting Room Representatives achieve established financial goals, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Principal functions include cash register operations, product knowledge, product presentations, sales and customer service.
What You Will Do
- Prepares the tasting room for opening and closing daily.
- Presents selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
- Functions as informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
- Operates cash registers and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
- Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Stocks merchandise and supplies as needed.
- Participates in quarterly inventories.
- Checks identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Recognizes the symptoms of intoxication and informs a manager.
- Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance to include timeliness
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration
What You Need
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus tasting room, retail sales or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Cash register experience.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule as needed.
- Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Required to engage in frequent walking and standing.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
What Will Set You Apart
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 2 years of tasting room, retail or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry. · Knowledge of wine and wine production.
- Knowledge of federal and state legal compliance related to tasting room operations
How To Applyhttps://careers.gallo.com/job/San-Luis-Obispo-TASTING-ROOM-REPRESENTATIVE-PART-TIME-CA-93401/400084500/
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915