Experience & Tasting Room Manager (Wine Jobs:
Wine Retail & Sommelier)
Villa San Juliette is a luxurious and extremely dynamic winery in the Paso Robles AVA with a new tasting room opening this fall. We seek a mega-wattage Experience and Tasting Room Manager. This driven, talented individual will help create and manage awe-inspiring on-premise experiences for our high-expectation patrons - on the property, in the tasting room, and for very special events.
The position reports directly to the President and is expected to coordinate and contribute as a member the management team. This team is responsible for defining and executing the ultimate in winery experience for the direct-to-consumer segment of the business.
Our goal is to garner customer loyalty and positive word of mouth through delivery of an unbeatable experience in an environment of decadent luxury and European sophistication.
It’s critical that The Experience and Tasting Room Manager bring an attitude and approach to both the internal team and customers that’s accessible, friendly and open while holding a focus on growing the DTC business and increasing profitability. The successful applicant will also be an excellent team leader and motivator, ensuring a consistently high level of moral, enthusiasm, and dedication to the vision.
Our goal is for even the most discerning patron to say “wow” and develop a personal attachment to the winery that leads to brand loyalty, referral, and recurring sales and club memberships.
- Create, market and execute a portfolio of experiential offerings in the tasting room that includes memorable and interesting wine tastings, special small events that incorporate food and wine pairings, blending seminars and educational sensory classes, and large-scale luxury events that include high-end fundraisers, celebrations, weddings, corporate retreats, and friends-only parties. The goal is to create unique, distinctive wine country experiences where gracious, attentive and thoughtful service leads to increased sales. As these activities take place in an “open to the public” tasting room, the ability to handle multiple groups and changing customer traffic flow in a calm and organized manner is critical.
- Define, implement and train other team members in delivering the finest level of service to create a legendary reputation for luxury, sophistication and accessibility at Villa San Juliette.
- Regularly be part of the sales team that greets and delivers wine-centric experiences to our tasting room guests and event guests.
- Actively participate in creating referral relationships with similarly focused partners such as hotels, destination planners, tour companies and other wineries that result in increased visitor count.
- Participate in shaping of marketing and website efforts.
This position must be able and willing to execute all needed facets of the job.
The successful candidate must have the following traits: charisma, passion for connecting to guests of all ages and backgrounds, drive for excellence, creativity, adaptability, attention to detail, a desire for perfection, neurotic standards of cleanliness, and be both a self-starter and a team player.
Candidate must have the desire to deliver the ultimate in customer satisfaction. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a necessity. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years demonstrated success in exact or related job duties.
Demonstrated ability to sell wine, wine club memberships, interface confidently with big-name personalities, cater to guests with big expectations, and deliver an amazing experience to everybody, all day, every day.
Weekend work is required. Customer needs flexibility in hours or days worked. Expect long days and sleepless nights in the first several months.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, POS software, Internet.
Understanding of commercial kitchen needs and experience interfacing with winemakers and chefs.
Ability to lift and carry 60lbs for at least 25 yards.
Competitive base salary, health insurance, numerous incentive compensation programs.
Villa San Juliette was established in 2006 and remains privately owned. We have grown the brand in wholesale markets the last 6 years and are represented in 41 states. With our new tasting room nearing completion we are ready to fulfill our dream of sharing our small lots of world class artisanal wines with guests in a welcoming, comfortable, beautiful, luxurious and entertaining way. Our gratification comes from the pleasure of sharing our beautiful wines and beautiful facility and grounds with our guests in an experiencing that they will never forget that reflects the lifestyle to which we ourselves aspire. We are passionate in delivering excellence in everything we do without compromise.
To be considered for the opportunity of a lifetime you need to “wow” us with an introductory letter and describe in detail how you have the experience, passion, personality, and resourcefulness to grow the brand with us.
6385 Cross Canyon Rd.
San Miguel, CA 93451
Impress us for the opportunity of a lifetime.
Negotiable with great upside potential
How To Apply
6385 Cross Canyon Rd.
San Miguel, CA 93451
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915