Management & Administration)
The Excelsior Wine Company
This position is responsible for the sales and development of Excelsior Wines portfolio of products in a designated district; managing state distributor relationships and meeting Excelsior’s depletion targets in designated markets. The residency for this position is Greater Phoenix, AZ area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages distributors to achieve goals including shipments, depletions and distribution.
- Manage execution and compliance for all channels of trade.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels to achieve annual program goals.
- Actively involved in developing annual business plan for designated market.
- Creates and introduces company brand programs and strategies and has direct responsibility for distributors in a geographic area.
- Take active role in assessing distributor performance.
- Manage and develop wholesalers’ capabilities to adopt and implement Excelsior’s brand strategies and objectives through effective implementation of the Excelsior “Sales Process”.
- Insure that Excelsior’s distributors are managing Excelsior’s National brand strategies to the trade.
- Call on retail, on premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales force or independently.
- Possess ample knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive markets, brands, and customers’ issues and typical needs.
- Cultivate cross department relationships within the company, especially between sales and marketing, to carry out Excelsior’s National brand strategies. Adherence to executive directions is a critical part of your job.
- Exercise appropriate behavior with Excelsior’s Suppliers, always representing supplier brands in the best and most professional manner.
- Exercise the highest level of fiduciary duty to the company in all financial matters, including budgets, promotional spending and every aspect of the Company’s business.
- Soliciting sales and developing new accounts and maintaining established accounts, all with the ultimate sales order approval completed at the Corporate headquarters.
- Conduct wine tastings and wine maker dinners.
- Train waitpersons on Excelsior wine products.
- Be prepared to work evening hours and weekend hours when necessary in order to accomplish whatever immediate goals or administrative tasks are required.
- Order all Excelsior POS for distributor.
- Set display goals and track display activity with distributor & evaluate & report to supervisor
- Set shelf & cold box standards, implement strategies for execution with distributor
- Coordinate distributor in store tastings.
- Job execution will break into following components:
- 60 % Time spent on Distributor Management (performance recaps, follow-up, etc.)
- 20 % Time spent in the field – specifically working with distributor sales managers, calling on key accounts and market surveys.
- 20 % Time on Administrative, Preplanning and Follow up.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- A four-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience enabling the incumbent to perform job responsibilities as required.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to have fluent knowledge of PC, working within MS and any other company software is critical to the success of this position.
- Mathematical skills. Incumbent must have the ability to calculate and interpret financial data which effects everyday Excelsior business
- For certain markets multi-language skills are required or would be a plus, i.e. Italian or Spanish.
- Interpretive skills. Incumbent must possess the ability to define problems, establish facts and collect data to interpret issues, draw valid conclusions from the data and recommend solutions to the business problem. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of statistical information.
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915
Wine & Restaurant Jobs in the USA. Looking for a job or hiring new employees in the wine & restaurant industry? Wine Jobs USA - The job site for the wine & restaurant industry throughout the US. Find ads for jobs in the wine industry, from winemaking to wine sales jobs.
Employers and Recruiters - Attract the best candidates for your employment opportunities. Post your ads for hospitality and wine industry jobs on winejobsusa.com.
Job Seekers - Find jobs in restaurants and wine including restaurant jobs, winery jobs, wine sales reps, winemakers, Sommelier jobs and more. Job seekers, sign up to receive wine and restaurant job postings by email.