Vineyard Tech Intern
Vineyards & Cellars )
Justin Vineyards & Winery
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery has Internship opportunities available for the 2017 growing season and harvest beginning June 2017 through December 2017. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, self-motivated, hardworking, and a detail oriented person with a passion for agriculture and learning. This will be an opportunity to work directly with the Grower Relations Team along with many of the top growers in our award-winning wine region. You will learn all viticultural aspects of the quick-paced, day to day operations that come with tracking bloom dates to crop estimates. You also will assist in determining when to harvest the fruit from our Estate Vineyards and other vineyards we purchase fruit from in Paso Robles by berry and cluster sugar sampling.
Here's what you'll do:
- Seasonal vineyard operations such as: data collection, crop forecasting, vineyard monitoring and scouting
- Berry Sugar sampling and cluster sampling assigned vineyard blocks
- Assist in running lab analysis: brix, pH and TA
- Taste fruit to check for ripeness and quality
75% of your day will be spent in the vineyard, 25% spent in the cellar assisting with the winery's harvest needs (crushing, sorting table, pump-overs, cleaning)
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Possessing a Degree (or currently enrolled) in an Agriculture or Wine & Viticulture program is preferred; harvest and wine industry experience is recommended
- Possess a positive attitude; detail-oriented and comfortable working alone
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to walk long distances and/or hills in a variety of hot and cold climates
- Flexible and willing to work varying shifts, overtime, and weekends
- SUV/truck with 4WD is highly recommended; mileage will be reimbursed
This is a full-time, 40-50 hrs/week, hourly-paid internship position
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
How To Applyhttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=JustinWine-External&c=1057741#/
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915
Wine & Restaurant Jobs in the USA. Looking for a job or hiring new employees in the wine & restaurant industry? Wine Jobs USA - The job site for the wine & restaurant industry throughout the US. Find ads for jobs in the wine industry, from winemaking to wine sales jobs.
Employers and Recruiters - Attract the best candidates for your employment opportunities. Post your ads for hospitality and wine industry jobs on winejobsusa.com.
Job Seekers - Find jobs in restaurants and wine including restaurant jobs, winery jobs, wine sales reps, winemakers, Sommelier jobs and more. Job seekers, sign up to receive wine and restaurant job postings by email.