Marketing Assistant (Wine Jobs:
Sales & Marketing)
Boutique Wine Importer
New York City-based boutique import company specializing in the distribution, sales and marketing of luxury wines. Representing centuries of family winemaking expertise, the portfolio includes French brands, as well as leading producers in Italy and Spain.
Serve as the full time marketing point person for all company stakeholders. Work closely with internal staff and external consultant.
· Special Events: Maintain yearly national event marketing calendar, assist with event participation and handle all event related paperwork, represent company at some trade and consumer events.
· Public Relations: Handle consumer purchase inquiries, assist with media relations, handle journalist sample fulfillment and follow up, monitor and maintain press database and lead reprint process, monitor trade editorial calendars,
· Marketing: Maintain, update and oversee marketing content on website, assist with yearly supplier travel calendar and planning, handle POS shipping, warehousing and assist with creating new items.
· Administration: Budgeting/Invoicing – process all marketing invoices, assist with budget planning. Maintain in house shipping supplies, POS and wine sample inventory. Packaging and shipping of all wine for marketing purposes.
· One to three years experience, with at least one preferably in wine and spirits or other consumer packaged goods industry, but not required.
· Bachelors degree required.
· Fluent in French or Italian, appreciated (not required).
· Self starter, ability to work independently.
· Organized, multi-tasker, able to juggle multiple projects at once.
· Good communicator, able to express thoughts and ideas clearly.
· Interest in food and wine.
· Able to dedicate some evenings and weekends to attend events, some light travel (5%).
· A can do attitude, this is a small office and shipping and packaging samples are part of the job, if you’re not willing to be a team player, please do not apply.
Compensation: dependent on candidate and experience, salary & bonus.
Benefits: Health Insurance and 401(k) Plan.
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915