Portfolio Consultant (Wine Jobs:
Sales & Marketing)
NEW JERSEY / NEW YORK,
Fine Wine Importer/Distributor Portfolio Consultant (New York, New Jersey)
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Type of Work: Full Time / Part Time
Job Location: Manhattan, Brooklyn/Queens, Bronx/Westchester, Upstate NY, Northern, Central, South NJ
Alpine Selections, LLC is a rapidly growing importer & distributor of the carefully selected and competitively priced portfolio of family owned, small production wines from selected regions around the world. The Alpine team is proudly serving premium restaurants and retail wine shops in the world’s most demanding market - New York metropolitan area. Our passion is the finest wine, commitment to producers, consumers education and superior customer service. Increased importing in 2013 and expanded domestic portfolio allowed us to bring great professionals to the team to grow with the company and benefit from its success now and in the long term.
If you are Goal-oriented, Results-driven, Confident, this is a great opportunity for you as a career or entrepreneurial minded professional who can measure up to the skills required for success in the frontline operations. If you have passion for great wine, helping customers find exactly what they need, enjoying closing deals with decision making professionals, building long-term relationships in the industry, working a varied schedule under limited supervision at dynamic indoor/outdoor environment, looking for career advancement, Alpine Selections welcomes you to the team of passionate and dedicated professionals.
Becoming an Alpine Selections Portfolio Consultant isn't a process, it is a state of mind. We provide extensive training, on-going assistance in the field with management and partner you with an experienced mentor. You supply the drive, desire, and determination. We're confident you'll find working at Alpine Selections fun, engaging, and rewarding.
• Knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for the wine industry and sales.
• Bachelors Degree in related discipline or commensurate experience and training.
• Intermediate computer skills with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Understanding of the marketplace, strong social networking experience.
• Persuasive public speaking, excellent personal and written presentation and communication skills.
• Strong analytical approach to sales strategy and execution, to be comfortable setting detailed goals and targets, proactively using reports and data to develop your sales program to meet profit goals, maintain accurate records.
• A natural inclination and talent for closing deals, with confidence and competence in fast-paced working environment.
• Possession of self-motivation, independency, detail orientation, outstanding organizational, time-management, active listening and follow-up skills.
• Outstanding customer service skills, ability to create positive relationships, expand existed and establish new customer accounts.
• Lift objects that weigh as much as 40 lbs.
• Availability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and “long” hours, ability to walk or stand for long periods of time, and be able to work in any inclement weather for several hours.
• A desire to be a part of an entrepreneurial and growing organization, Professionalism, Punctuality and a well-groomed appearance.
• Adhere to all company, state, and federal policies, laws, rules and regulations.
• Availability of the valid driver’s License with clean driving record, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop consulting and promotional strategy for serving to existed and potential accounts (target account list will be provided), including detailed monthly and annual goals and targets to meet individual and company goals by following and implementing Alpine approved processes.
• Visit customers on the regular bases (monthly), matching products placement and goals with key retail opportunities, maintain proper inventory levels, ensure maintenance and security of promotional materials, and adequate shelf space.
• Interview customers to determine their needs and wants, present company portfolio and price list emphasizing on new products and promoting previously placed, taste selected products with the customer, finalize order placement, collect & verify account information, schedule promotional presentations for consumers, collect payments from the customer.
• Schedule appointments including by phone and email, following up with all customers.
• Research new markets and opportunities, analyze trends and demands on the market, consumer preference and competing products placement.
• Adhere to all Alpine policies and procedures, attend monthly sales meetings, annual portfolio tastings, other company events, share experience and train other team members.
• Continue professional education and building professional network, including social media.
• Operate a motor vehicle, maintain Route Book and other required records.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
TBD = Aggressive commission structure + Incentives + Expense allowences
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915