Bottling Line Mechanic
Vineyards & Cellars )
Francis Ford Coppola Winery
Job Summary: Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled mechanic and electrical duties to install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and modify bottling and facility production equipment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Supervisors, Managers and Leads are fundamentally responsible for ensuring safety in their own departments and to uphold the following safety standards:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward safety.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner and all safety rules, regulations and instructions are in compliance.
- Report and investigate workplace injuries in a timely manner; identifies ways to eliminate risk of reoccurrence; complete audits; conduct monthly safety meetings and trainings; maintain compliance with hazardous materials program; inform/train new employees on specific safety aspects and procedures with the department and location; participate in monthly management safety meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains bottling equipment and associated infrastructure, including hardware, PLCS, and line synchronization,
- Ability to read schematics, troubleshoot electrical controls and PLCS.
- Maintains equipment warranties and all maintenance records.
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot on all electrical systems.
- Responsible for bottling line changeovers, adjustments, synchronization of equipment, and equipment up-time.
- Assembles and installs mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and systems, including production machinery, tooling, conveyor systems, storage racks and tanks.
- Performs preventive maintenance and tactical maintenance.
- Maintains all records for preventive and tactical maintenance.
- Follow general housekeeping procedures including sweeping, machine and tool cleaning.
- Makes sure that all machine guarding is compliant with OSHA standards.
- Assists in the establishing and implementation of Bottling Line SOPs.
- Conducts on-going assessment of safety and operational procedures.
- Ensures line up-time to meet bottling schedule.
- Maintains equipment to meet packaging standards and established guidelines.
- Complies with relevant OSHA regulatory requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by bottling manager.
- 3-5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; technical or trade schooling desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform basic math.
How To Applyhttps://www.francisfordcoppolawinery.com/en/careers/details/oP5w4fwe
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915