Management & Administration)
Empire Merchants North
Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 700 dedicated associates and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Chief Accountant in our Coxsackie, NY location.
Safeguard assets and ensures accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
1. Manages cash flow through reviewing activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, inventory, fixed asset records, general &, cost accounting.
2. Assist in the preparation of yearend budgets and cost center reporting.
3. Review or provide journal entries in keeping with timely monthly financial records for Director of Finance’s approval
4. Reconcile or manage all general ledger accounts.
5. Validates pick not shipped and customer storage transactions and calculate Y/E entries.
6. Manages and maintains all company insurance policies.
7. Assist in the development and implementation of internal audit processes.
8. Support outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance brokers in conjunction with the Director of Finance.
9. Complete or assist in completing all regulatory reporting
10. Back up to all Director of Finance duties
Manages general ledger accounting team. Responsible for providing effective leadership while fostering a positive team environment; provides overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of organizational unit, department and/or functional area. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing, rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills & Requirements
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
Minimum 7 years accounting with strong background in accounting. Industries experience a plus.
1. Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems.
2. Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
3. Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift cases and/or Point of Sale and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to a normal business office environment. Individual is exposed to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and to a pressure from having to meet dead lines and due dates.
How To Applyhttp://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=7535&jid=306490
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915